TaskInsight 3 for Mac OS X:
essential task management
with table and timeline views, priorities, labels, colors, styles...
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Full featured tools for task organization, productivity and business
- Task/todo items in flexible Timeline, List and Detail views
- Sort or auto-sort by priorities, status, labels, dates (Start, Due, Completed, Created, Modified) or other columns
- Labels, with sorting and filtering by labels
- Extended Timeline view customization: background image, colors, etc.
- Popup editors for task text, dates, Go To Date, contextual menus for priority, status, etc.
- Drag and drop text into and out of TaskInsight
- Drag and drop reprioritization, reordering, time shifting
- Search and Recent Searches menu for quick searching and filtering
- Support for system-wide Spotlight searching for TaskInsight documents
- Import and export tasks as XML or TSV (Tab-Separated Values)
- Export timeline view as HTML5 Canvas graphic for web publishing
- Print and Print to PDF for List and Timeline views
- Paste-import multiple text lines as tasks
- Copy-export multiple tasks to tab-delimited text or RTF (Rich Text Format) priority-color-coded tables on the Pasteboard
- Customizable colorized priorities for List and Timeline views, shared or separate
- Optional date columns: start, due, completed, created and modified
- Drag and drop URLs or documents to list to add URLs or paths
- Recent Documents panel gives you one-click access to task lists
- Support for complex task selection and operations, Undo and Redo
- Small to large task lists, simple to complex
- Perform text-to-speech for selected tasks
TaskInsight features task list and timeline views, color-coded, prioritized tasks.
Customize background image, background color, font, size, priority colors, and many other options
Display and edit date and time for start, due, completion dates of tasks. Customize priority colors and many other options.
Use custom background images and in combination with background color tint for great looking timeline presentations.
Customize font, size and colors for tasks, labels and grid lines.
Large Slide Show ... > See detail slides on features page.
What’s New in TaskInsight 3:
TaskInsight 3 has many new functional and graphics features, including support for new features in Mac OS X Lion (10.7): Full Screen, Versions, Automatic Termination and Sudden Termination and Resume. Details below.
- The Timeline view provides many new Document Settings to configure the visual attributes of the Timeline, including background image, timeline-specific priority colors, background color, grid line colors and many more. Editing behaviors, such as Snap To Grid, and Auto-Sort can also be configured in Document Settings.
- New Duplicate (Command (⌘)-D) command lets you duplicate selected tasks in the List or Timeline view. The Duplicate command is supported by Undo and Redo.
- Multiple-task selections can be dragged to reschedule them in the Timeline view. Drag-rescheduling is supported by Undo and Redo.
- Go To Date and Go To Today provide easy navigating through large time sorted task lists in both List and Timeline views.
- New "Percent Done" attribute added to Tasks, displayed in List view, and optionally the Timeline as a graphic indicator in Timeline task bars.
- Import and Export TSV (Tab-Separated Values) and XML file for sharing with other database, spreadsheet or project management applications.
- Export timeline view as HTML5 Canvas graphic for web publishing
- New contextual menus (Control-click or right-click) are provided to set priority, status and percent done for selected tasks. See the Priority, Status and Shift Time menus in the Edit menu.
- Copy Visible Columns and Paste Visible Columns commands have been added and the default behavior of Cut, Copy and Paste in the List view now copies all columns of data, even if the columns are not visible.
- New keyboard navigation keys for the Timeline view: Shift-Left-Arrow and Shift-Right-Arrow move the focus along tasks sorted in time.
- Keyboard shortcuts for navigating the Timeline view are described in Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Use Search to filter List or Timeline views for tasks that match a particular label, for example: label=deployment.
- Full-screen mode is supported in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion. The behavior in 10.6 is a custom zoom of the List or Timeline views, and the the behavior in 10.7 is standard full-screen mode for the window. TaskInsight has a cleaner look, with less distractions in Full Screen mode. One can switch between Timeline and List views while in fullscreen mode using the keyboard shortcuts Command (⌘)-T or Command (⌘)-L.
- Versions is supported in Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and later: browse old versions of your documents and revert back to a specific version as desired.
- AppleScript can be used to change properties of TaskInsight documents, such as various Document Settings, task properties and task views. Tasks can be created and modified with AppleScript. Sample AppleScript scripts for TaskInsight can be downloaded from the Imaja TaskInsight web site.
- Page Setup and Print Settings, such as landscape or portrait orientation, and specific printer, are stored with TaskInsight documents.
- TaskInsight supports Automatic Termination and Sudden Termination in Mac OS X 10.7, which provides better system memory management and recovery from system crashes.
- Choosing a sorting command briefly displays the sort chosen in the status bar at the bottom of the TaskInsight document window.
- Optimized timeline drawing operations for greater speed in updating large timelines.
- Improved grid label display in Timeline view to show day of week (Mon, Tues, Wed… or M T W…) based on current zoom level.
- Fixed problem where Document Settings drawer would not be made visible when document window was almost full screen.
- Improved task list selection graphics. The Alternating Row Color tint will show through if Priority colors are set to be partially transparent with the Opacity slider in the Color Picker panel, so now documents can use both Priority colors and Alternating Row Colors at the same time.
- If Alternating Row Colors is turned on in Document Settings, then the List view is properly restored with that option.
Requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion or 10.6.6 Snow Leopard. TaskInsight is a trademark
of Imaja. Copyright © 2011-2013 Imaja. All Rights Reserved.
Mac OS X is a trademark
of Apple Computer.